To combat the Liberal Government’s unilateral actions against doctors and our patients, we are
requesting that you begin using the attached “Ontario Health Care Rationing Authorization Form”
form, starting Monday, March 2, 2015, for any office visit, procedure, test, or surgery that you feel is
medically necessary in order to meet your patients' healthcare needs. A downloadable PDF digital
version is available on our website (www.doctorsontario.ca), as well as a list of OHIP time equivalents
you can use in determining how long you should set your egg timer or stopwatch, once you've begun
your patient encounter.
Our goal is simple. With you—DoctorsOntario member or not—we plan to raise public awareness of
this reckless decision to ration healthcare by jamming the Government's fax and phone lines, in hopes
of bringing the business of Government to a halt. If we can accomplish this, then hopefully they will
come to their senses and go back to the table and negotiate a new Physician Services Agreement to
replace the unacceptable unilateral deal they have imposed on Ontario's doctors.
Please note: There are a few things to keep in mind when using the "Ontario Health Care Rationing
- Do this for as many patient services you are providing or wish to provide.
- Do NOT include any personal patient identifiers to ensure patient confidentiality.
- Fax the form to one of the following: Premier Kathleen Wynne, Treasury Board President Deb Matthews or Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Eric Hoskins (or all three). Please be patient, as their fax lines may be busy.
- It is not necessary for your patients to wait in your office while you are waiting to hear back from the Government.
- If you do not get a response in 10 minutes, ask one of your staff members to call the appropriate office in order to expedite the process.
- Keep copies of the form and any response from the Government as part of your patients'records.
Use the attached talking points to explain to your patients why we are doing this.
P.S. Help us spread the word and fight the good fight on your behalf. Urge your colleagues to visit our website at and take out a membership or make a contribution.